A .har file tracks all the logging of web browser's interaction with a site. Recording a .har file that shows all the requests and / or errors in your network tab provides valuable insights for the Frontegg team and helps troubleshooting any issues you report.
To record a .har file please take the following steps:
1. Right-click in the browser window with your Frontegg login / your app integrated with Frontegg or and select Inspect.
2. Click the Network tab in the panel that appears.
3. Make sure the 'Preserve log' section is checked:
4. After completing the flow that you were getting errors for you can click on the arrow down symbol to export your .har file.
5. Once you downloaded the .har file, you should sanitize it from sensitive values such as access information and PII, in order to do so you can use Frontegg's Harmor as long as you have NPM (Node.js) installed.
How to use?
- Download the sanitization template HERE
- Open Terminal/CMD in the .har location template and .har should be in the same directory
- Run the command:
npx harmor --template=frontegg.json *your-har-file*.har